Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow

When I awoke yesterday, I Thought to myself. I want to do something FUN today, after all it's saturday. Then it dawned on me....we should go to the snow. So I brought it up to hubby, and he said YES, lets go to the snow. It took us awhile to get the boys ready, and it even was aggrivating trying to get them ready. But we finally got them ready and out the door.

We decided to go to mineral, it's a bit further away, but it has a hill to slide down on. When we got there, I realized that we forget the little backpack. Which had the gloves and hats in it. So, hubby had to buy the boys new gloves. The hoods on their jackets worked well enough to keep their heads warm.

Hubby took the older two boys up the hill first. During this time I let Zebo our dog run around. I got the babies ready to go....By putting Theodores snow jacket (This covers his whole body instead of just his upper body) on. And put Nathanael in my snugli, put a jacket on myself that went around the snugli, and through a blanket over top of that. I got Zebo back into the van.

Then I went over to the bottom of the hill to see where hubby and the boys went. Once I found them, I headed in that direction. Which was easier than sounded, because you go through a walkway by motel buildins that lead up to where hubby was at. Once I got to the end up the cement I had to call for hubby to get Theodore so I could make it to where they were playing at.

Hubby had made the boys a little runway for them to slide on. It was the perfect size for them, and they were having lots of fun on it. He had to pack the snow down good for them, in order for it to work. There was a couple bumps for them to go over, and at the end of his runway there was a dip for them. They stopped when they reached the dip. So they didn't go all the way down. Then they dragged the little mini round sled thing back up and do it again. Dominic went the most times, but they did take turns.

Theodore pretty much sat in the snow the whole time. Until he got tired of that. Then hubby held him. We stayed for about an hour in the snow. Then the boys had enough..they were getting to cold themselves.

We got togo orders of hotcocoa and let the boys drink them. They were gone with in minutes...they gussled them down fast!!!

Then we drove the long way home.. 1.5 hours.

I was sooo glad that the boys had fun. The last couple times we went...they didn't. They kept whining they were cold. This time however they got over that fact..and had a blast!

1 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I miss hearing about you and the boys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home