Friday, July 15, 2005

My boys

Today I will type up my blog and then title it..hehe. Lets see...

Today was the last day of Dominic's Vacation Bible School. He sure did have a lot of fun there once I left! But he wants me to stay, maybe he wants to "share" his fun with mom. And I defiantly wouldn't have minded staying if I didn't have 2 other little ones tagging along! He brought home lots of crafts that he had done throughout the week. And elephant and hippo and a lion too. And even praying hands, he told me what they were! He still calls all the bearded men Noah or Jesus, but he likes to stick with Noah. I'm not sure but he loves the name Noah. I've told him quite a few different stories with other people, but he insists that they are all Noah.

I made him up some flashcards today. With the numbers 0-6 on them. He still can't count, but he can recognize the numbers 0,1,3,5 and sometimes 6. He has a hard time with the number 4, and 2. He will put up 4 fingers, but he never remembers the name of the number. I think it's a good start though. I had just been working on him counting, and he never caught on. Well he doesn't talk much, and he's more of a visual learner. SO a couple weeks ago I figured I'd work on the flashcards that we have. Ones that came in the mail. But they had a lot of big numbers..lol so I figured I"d just make up my own. Also he was more interested in the pictures on the other cards. now he just has numbers..hehe. We will work on counting later. I don't think it will matter in 10 years from now if he learns what numbers are what before he learns to count. hehe. He was having so much fun with those, he asked for "letter" cards. So, I quickly made him letter ones too. I made A-G. He knows the letter A. When we are walking down the street he can pick out the difference between a letter and a number! He was wanting to use his fingers when we were doing his letters, after all we were using fingers with numbers. SO I'm thinking about teaching him sign language while I teach him his letters any "comments' on that one???

Jeremiah was sitting with use while we were doing the flashcards, and he said the number 1 and 2 correctly. SO I think he might just know those 2 numbers. We'll see!! He is have a back track on potty training though, so that isn't good! He is back to pooping in his diapers! Encouragement!!! hehe. He has turned into a whinny little boy, who whines about everything! Is it his age maybe?? Dominic never went through this..but he whines about every little thing!!!

Theodore is starting to "kneal" with the furniture. Almost a stand but he is on his knees. Wow, at 7 monthes..my other 2 did this a lot later on. He is a professional crawler and everything now! Eats well too. He doesn't like the runny babyfood anymore he wants "solid" solids hehe. And he says a few words, and roars at the boys, and meows at the cat!!! He surprises me everyday. But he also gets bumps on his head that I feel awful about, he runs into things while he is crawling. Or he'll lift his head up to reach up onto the furniture and hit his head..and I just feel so bad. The other boys didn't get mobile at all until 10 monthes or later. Jeremiah was later!!! Jeremiah is following Dominic's foot steps though, and trying to "stall" Theodore..hehe. It is odd seeing my 7 month old already "clearing" off the bottom shelf on the entertainment center, and well "clearing" off anything that comes in his reach. And emptying the laundry baskets etc. Tonight at dinner, he even crawled in there (right before we were going to get him into his high chair) and opened up a door, and was throwing stuff out of the bottom cabinet!! LOL

Anyhow, that is good for tonight! Let me know in a "comment" if there is any more you'd like me to talk about....hehe any particular thing of interest.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home